The Carvajal Group Blog

Texas Remains Most Stable Economy in Country

October 2nd, 2008

While nationwide foreclosures and job loss contribute to dropping home prices nearly everywhere else in the country, the Texas economy holds steady. A newly released report from PMI Mortgage Insurance Co states there is less than a 1% chances that overall housing costs will decline in Austin, Houston, San Antonio, or the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Compare that to the 99% chances of declining housing markets in certain areas of Florida and California. Overall, according to the report, the shakiest housing markets are in Florida, California, Arizona and Nevada.

Low risk markets outside of Texas include Charlotte, NC,  Memphis, TN, and Pittsburgh, PA.

If you need assistance with your Austin home search, contact the Carvajal group at 512-419-7770.

Tags: Austin Home Search · Austin Real Estate · Austin Real Estate Agent · Buying homes in Austin